Belousov K. Yu. PhD student, Chair of Economic Theory and Social Politics, Department of Economics, St. Petersburg State University
Social responsibility and economy: public pressure and driving forces of cooperative social responsibility (Russia, St. Petersburg)
The article analyzes the topical issues and theoretical contradictions related to corporate social responsibility and discusses the driving forces that motivate companies to take the load of social responsibility
1. John Ruggy, qtd. in The Economist, January 17, 2008, special report on CSR
2. Kitzmueller Markus «Economics and corporate social responsibility» / Rhona C. Free 21st Century Economics: A Reference Handbook Volume 2 - 2010 by SAGE Publications, Inc. - p. 785-797.
3. Bowles, S., Gintis, H., & Osborne,M. (2001). Incentive-enhancing preferences: Personality, behavior and earnings. American Economic Review, 91(2), 155-158.
4. Besley, T., & Ghatak, M. (2005). Competition and incentives with motivated agents. American Economic Review, 95, 616-636.
5. Brekke, K. A., Kverndokk, S., & Nyborg, K. (2003). An economic model of moral motivation. Journal of Public Economics, 87, 1967-1983.
6. Cespa, G., & Cestone, G. (2007). Corporate social responsibility and managerial entrenchment. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 16, 741-771.
7. Trudel,R.,&Cotte, J. (2009). Is it reallyworth it? Consumer response to ethical and unethical practices. MIT/Sloan Management Review, 50(2), 61-68.
8. Bagnoli, M., & Watts, S. G. (2003). Selling to socially responsible consumers: Competition and the private provision of public goods. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 12, 419-445.
9. Besley, T., & Ghatak, M. (2007). Retailing public goods: The economics of corporate social responsibility. Journal of Public Economics, 91, 1645-1663.
10. Arora, S., & Gangopadhyay, S. (1995). Toward a theoretical model of voluntary overcompliance. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 28, 289-309.
11. Siegel, D. S., & Vitaliano, D. F. (2007). An empirical analysis of the strategic use of corporate social responsibility. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 16, 773-792.
12. Baron, D. P. (2001). Private politics, corporate social responsibility, and integrated strategy. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 10, 7-45.
13. Baron, D. P. (2009). A positive theory of moral management, social pressure and corporate social performance. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 18, 7-43.
14. Calveras, A., Ganuza, J. J., & Llobet, G. (2007). Regulation, corporate social responsibility, and activism. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 16, 719-740.
15. Marquis, C., Glynn, M. A., & Davis, G. F. (2007). Community isomorphism and corporate social action. Academy of Management Review, 32, 925-945.